The Albany Academies, a Pre-School through 12 independent school located in Albany, New York, coordinates single-sex and coeducational learning environments to develop diligent students of high character who become curious, critical thinkers.
The Basketball Program
We offer a wide range of athletic teams for students in grades 7-12. Student athletes participate in multiple sports. Our coaches focus on the development of each individual and are passionate about their sport. At the high school level, key to our mission is preparing students for a successful college experience and the basketball team plays a role in that by developing teamwork, goal setting, leadership and sportsmanship that sets these athletes apart.
The AAG Head Basketball Coach is responsible, in collaboration with the Athletic Director, for the success of the girls’ basketball program.
· Coach the AAG basketball team, including daily in-season practices and off season skill building sessions
· Select and manage varsity assistant coaches
· Support admissions of prospective student athletes at all grade levels into AAG, with a target of enrolling 3 or more students who would otherwise have been unlikely to enroll
· Guide and assist junior and senior AAG student-athletes in the college placement process, in collaboration with the AAG College Counselor.
· Other off the field duties (admissions, fundraising, teaching, etc.) may be part of the role depending on experience
· Head basketball coaching
· Basketball program builder
· Admissions and recruiting
· Placing student-athletes at the college level
· Current youth basketball coach
· Education: Bachelor’s degree
· First Aid that meets NYS Coaching requirements
· Adult CPR certification that meets NYS Coaching requirements
· Successful background check
· New York State harassment prevention certification (provided)
· Concussion Management Certificate (preferred)
· Leader of others
· Developer of young women
· Passionate about basketball
Reports to: Athletic Director
Statement of Diversity & Inclusion: At The Albany Academies, the active expression of different perspectives and life experiences plays a vital role in the life of the school. In harmony with our Mission Statement and reflective of our Core Values, the Academies is committed to a safe, diverse, inclusive, equitable, and just school climate within a Preschool through Postgraduate curricular framework dedicated to inclusive excellence. We actively strive to respect, affirm, and protect the dignity and worth of each member of our learning community and cultivate an environment where all members of the Academies’ community experience a true sense of belonging and are empowered to fully participate in the life of the school. We also recognize that diversity of thought and expression is integral to developing learners who are culturally agile, adept at thinking critically, and effective when collaborating with others. Maintaining a truly inclusive community is an ongoing process that requires us to be open, reflective, and proactive. We accept this challenge in the knowledge that our varied perspectives strengthen our community and prepare our students to learn, lead, and pursue inclusive excellence at The Albany Academies and beyond.