The Albany Academies, a Pre-School through 12, independent school located in Albany, New York, coordinates single-sex and coeducational learning environments to develop diligent students of high character who become curious, critical thinkers.
We are seeking an Assistant Director of Admissions and Enrollment.
The Assistant Director of Admissions and Enrollment is responsible for leading the School’s efforts in attracting and retaining a diverse, mission-appropriate student body across all levels of the School.
· Manage and execute the recruitment and admissions process for prospective students and families including; handling applications and communication with candidates and their parents, interviewing candidates and their parents, executing testing, securing student documents, managing the admissions committee and communicating admission decisions
· Oversee the re-enrollment process for current students and families, including efficient handling of communications regarding enrollment contracts
· Provide regular reporting and analysis of student enrollment data at all stages in the admissions and re-enrollment pipelines and advise on strategic actions needed in response to analysis
· Develop and lead strategic enrollment efforts in partnership with the Director of Institutional Advancement
· Manage the daily work of the Enrollment Management Office staff
· Develop and manage the Enrollment Management budget
· Collaborate with the Marketing Department to develop and produce admissions materials that maximize enrollment of mission appropriate students
· Oversee and participate in community outreach efforts
· Administer the Financial Aid program, including overseeing communication of FA materials to prospective and returning families, securing FA documentation, and maintaining appropriate records
· Manage the Merit Scholarship and Endowed Scholarship programs.
· Drive recruitment of international students including communication with prospective families and liaising with international recruiting agencies
· Serve as the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) and Primary Designated School Official and manage all required documentation to maintain the school’s SEVP certification.
· Manage I-20s for all international students, including producing the initial I-20 for new students, supervising all travel endorsements during their enrollment at the Academies, maintaining all documentation required for international students in active status in SEVIS, and transfer of I-20s during the college matriculation process
· Oversee the Parent Ambassador and One Family Referral program in collaboration with the Albany Academies Parents Association
· Oversee the Student Ambassador program
· Oversee the re-enrollment process in collaboration with the Business Office. Communicate with and maintain enrollment statuses and implications for overall enrollment projections.
· Participate in the Marketing and Enrollment Committee, Financial Aid Committee and International Student Committee
Reporting Structure - The Albany Academies are structured to have all roles that advance the School (enrollment management, marketing, and donor development) report to the Director of Institutional Advancement.
Travel – Local day travel and occasional overnight travel is required
Status – Exempt, Full time, 12-month position
Schedule – 8:00am-4:30pm with some nights and weekends required
Working Environment & Physical Requirements
· Generally, the role is conducted in a heated and cooled office environment
· Most of the work is done sitting or standing
· Routinely move about inside the building and occasionally outside from building to building
· Frequent interaction with others through speaking, listening, and typing
· Ability to operate office equipment including computers, printers, copiers and the like
Statement of Diversity & Inclusion: At The Albany Academies, the active expression of different perspectives and life experiences plays a vital role in the life of the school. In harmony with our Mission Statement and reflective of our Core Values, the Academies is committed to a safe, diverse, inclusive, equitable, and just school climate within a Preschool through Postgraduate curricular framework dedicated to inclusive excellence. We actively strive to respect, affirm, and protect the dignity and worth of each member of our learning community and cultivate an environment where all members of the Academies’ community experience a true sense of belonging and are empowered to fully participate in the life of the school. We also recognize that diversity of thought and expression is integral to developing learners who are culturally
agile, adept at thinking critically, and effective when collaborating with others. Maintaining a truly inclusive community is an ongoing process that requires us to be open, reflective, and proactive. We accept this challenge in the knowledge that our varied perspectives strengthen our community and prepare our students to learn, lead, and pursue inclusive excellence at The Albany Academies and beyond.