The Albany Academies – Albany Academy for Girls and The Albany Academy – practice a leadership model of education combining individual attention to students with project-based learning and challenging academics. We combine single-sex education through the tenth grade with a co-educational program for junior and seniors. For more than 200 years, the Academies have led the way in preparing students for a rapidly evolving world.
We are seeking a Special Events Coordinator within the Office of Institutional Advancement. This position reports to the Director of Institutional Advancement and works collaboratively with the Marketing and Development teams to assist with their overall goals and initiatives.
· Planning and executing special events
· Supporting fundraising activities
· Managing committees of volunteers
· Writing grant proposals
· Engaging with donors, parents, alumni, alumnae and faculty
· Minimum of three years of experience planning and executing special events
· Demonstrated time management skills
· Organizing others to deliver high quality events
· Creative thinker to look at new ways of enhancing events
· Manage budgets
· Fundraise to meet revenue goals
· Excellent communication skills – both writing and speaking
· Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
This is a 12-month, salaried position with benefits.
Interested candidates please provide a cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with thre subject line Special Events Coordinator.