The Albany Academies – Albany Academy for Girls & The Albany Academy – practice a leadership model of education combining individual attention to students with project-based learning and demanding academics. We also combine single-gender education through the 10th grade with a co-educational program for juniors and seniors. For more than 200 years, the Academies have led the way in the Capital Region.
We are seeking the following position:
Athletic Trainer -- Part Time
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Provide emergency medical evaluation, treatment, and injury triage to student athletes during practice and/or competition
* Provide daily injury prevention, on-site evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of student-athletes
* Provide coverage to athletic practices and contests as directed by the Athletic Director and Training Staff
* Keep up to date confidential medical records, including, but not limited to patient history, daily treatment records, injury reports and physician referrals
* Assist with the inventory, receiving, and stocking of all athletic training supplies and equipment
* Works harmoniously with coaches, athletic department staff, and student-athletes
* Communicate with appropriate athletic staff / school nurse regarding status of injury and participation capabilities
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree from accredited athletic training program. First Aid, CPR, excellent communication skills; both written and verbal, ability to work a flexible schedule and work nights and weekends.
Preferred Qualifications: Master's Degree in relevant field.
Interested candidates should forward a letter of interest, resume and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org
(please reference the position in the subject line).